It comes as no surprise when in business we use terminology related to sports. The same applies when hiring.
There are several studies showing that athletes, former athletes even amateur athletes exhibit certain characteristics which convince hiring managers that they are the right fit for the company.
Here are some of these characteristics:
- They are passionate
- They are results oriented
- They are resilient and emotionally strong
- They possess exceptional time management skills
- They show good leadership skills
- They understand the importance of a good team and have an impeccably strong work ethic.