Posting Country: Greece
Location: Santorini (Fira)
Date Posted: 19 Sep-21
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Seasonal
Starting Date: April 2022
Bedspot is part of a family-owned private investment company with presence of more than 80 years in the Tourism industry aiming to transform holidays into a memorable experience.
Bedspot Hostels is a new concept, offering higher quality bunk-bed rooms and private rooms within central locations of popular destinations. Bedspot creates a combination of budget/quality holiday in destinations that may often be requiring high cost to visit.
The first effort started in the Heart of Santorini Island within the town of Fira. A cozy small place to stay and enjoy what the destination offers. Fresh and clean design is what creates the ideal basis for a great experience during holidays.
Are you passionate about hospitality and creating memorable experiences to guests?
Do you take ownership of the role you are called in to serve and have a problem solving mentality with a pleasant personality?
If the answer is a definite yes, we are keen to get to know you.
Key accountabilities and ownership:
- Deliver customer service at the highest level
- Create and maintain a welcoming and professional environment for both guests and members of staff
- Be the first point of contact for guests, members of staff and suppliers
- Welcome guests and staff, sign in and out guests accurately and ensure that access key fobs are used appropriately.
- Be visible, maintain and promote a problem solving culture across the Hostel.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with guests, staff and suppliers
- Carry out relevant administrative and other back-office tasks as and when required
- Monitor supplies and secure stock availability at all times.
- Supervise housekeeping and ensure that cleaning & hygiene is spot on at all times.
- Secure consistent application of daily Health & Safety checks.
- Ensure consistent application of preventive measures against Covid-19
- Conduct regular maintenance inspections and address relevant issues as per company policy and procedures.
Skills & competencies:
- Agility and strong organisational skills
- Strong relationship management, advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity to problem solving
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences to guests
- Integrity & authenticity
- Familiarity with social media, hospitality networks and Property management systems (PMS)
- Very good use of MS Word & Excel
Must have professional qualifications:
- 3-5 years of hospitality experience in front of the house roles (i.e. Receptionist / Guest Services)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Greek & English). Additional languages will be considered as a plus.
Get ready for the challenge:
- You will have the opportunity to work autonomously and take ownership of the operations
- You will work closely with company management and receive unique support
- It is your moment to make the next step!
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Provided accommodation
- Medical Insurance
- A professional journey that will expand your horizons
- A chance to grow within the group
- Opportunities to explore a unique island and its offerings
At Bedspot we believe that people are crucial to the success of our journey and diversity is a key element. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting inclusion for all and as such we encourage everyone to apply.