To understand what HR Digital Transformation is all about we must first attempt to define what digital transformation is in the first place.
Digital transformation is defined as the transition of a business based on traditionally manual processes to a business that has technology as its core in all of its functions.
There are 4 main areas of digital transformation
- Transformation of existing processes
- Business Model Transformation
- Domain Transformation
- Cultural /Organizational Transformation
Under the above context, HR digital transformation is the transformation in the way HR functions, are using data to guide all areas of HR (Recruitment & Selection, Payroll & Benefits, Administration, Training & Development, Performance Management, Rewards etc.).
What is the goal of digital transformation in HR?
What is the role of HR Teams in digital transformation?
- The transformation of its own function/department using automated tools and digitally led processes.
- To collaborate with the respective IT department and together act as facilitators of digital change across the organization by empowering employees and all other relevant stakeholders to acquire a digital mindset aiming at improving both the business bottom line as well as the employee and customer experience.